Novec 1230 Suppression System
Novec is an excellent choice for those clients who prefer a greener alternative to FM200. Like FM200, Novec 1230 gas benefits from a reduced volume making it easy to store within the server room space. This system has an ozone depletion potential rating of zero and will break down in the atmosphere in only five days thus providing an extremely low global warming potential.
Novec Product Overview
3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid is a highly-efficient extinguishing agent that:
- Is non-corrosive
- Leaves no residue
- Is electrically non-conductive
- Rapidly vaporises to gas during discharge
- Does not damage electronics, electronic media and delicate mechanical devices
- Can be safely used on energised equipment, helping to ensure continuity of operations during a fire emergency
Another major advantage of 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid is its wide margin of safety in use – providing more flexibility in system design compared with other halon alternatives and ensures that occupants can safely egress the space since the NOAEL will not be exceeded.
- Non-ozone depleting
- Five-day atmospheric lifetime
- Global Warming Potential of 1
This environmental profile is unmatched by any other halogenated agent, and helps make 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid today’s long-term solution for protecting high value assets.