Electrical Thermal Imaging Survey
To complement our data centre planned preventative maintenance services we also recommend an annual Electrical Thermal Imaging Survey service.
Electrical Thermal Imaging or thermography is non-contact temperature measurement technique and has the ability to see and measure temperature differences in a non-intrusive manner with the use of an Flir infrared thermal imaging camera.
Electrical circuits and components often fail because of fatigue, defective components, contamination, or just loose connections due to poor workmanship. Failing components have one thing in common, they will always have a rise in temperature or ‘hot spot’ prior to failure. Infrared thermal imaging cameras allow Workspace Technology to quickly identify anomalies before components fail using a Flir Infrared Camera.
Typical faults that the Electrical Thermal Imaging survey will detect include:
- Loose cable connections
- Unbalanced circuits
- Corroded connections
- Internal faults within a circuit breaker
- Internal faults and overheating within a fuse
- Connections with high resistance
- Internal faults or overheating of contactors
- Overheating Lighting circuits
Faults on data centre electrical systems cause expensive business downtime, damage, loss of data or risk from fire. These problems can be prevented by undertaking a regular Electrical Thermal Imaging survey on your data centre electrical systems and equipment.
Systems covered under the Data Centre Thermal Survey include:
- LV Distribution Boards
- A/C Control & Power Panels
- Control Panels
- UPS and battery systems
- Busbar systems
- Electrical Distribution System
The deployment of Workspace Technology’s Electrical Thermal Imaging Survey using Flir Infrared Camera technology will help stop costly breakdowns by spotting deteriorating components before they fail.
Minimum recommended frequency: Yearly
Electrical Thermal Imaging Survey Schedule of Works
- Identify and create an Electrical Components Schedule of all equipment to be included within the electrical thermal survey.
- Each item surveyed or inspected will be documented together with its average temperature onto data sheets.
Where faults or problems are detected they will be thermal imaged and photographed.
- Complete fault sheets which will contain an analysis of the fault or problem, its criteria rating (Low-Medium-Severe) with advice for corrective and remedial action should it be required.
- Generate detailed report document to include all Flir Infrared Camera thermal data, relevant information and recommended actions.
Click here to view our Electrical Thermal Imaging Survey Schedule.
For more information on our Electrical Thermal Imaging survey and our full range of data centre consultancy & audit services please contact our Sales Team on 0121 354 4894, or send us a message.