Workspace Technology partners with leading UPS manufacturer Riello to provide cost effective energy efficient UPS systems throughout the UK.
Riello’s range of traditional systems offer our clients a cost-effective solution for server room and data centre environments. The Riello UPS products range from 5Kva through to Megawatt systems.
Riello complete range of UPS systems are available from Workspace Technology.
Riello Multi Sentry 30 – 100kVA
The Riello UPS Multi Sentry offers a range between 30 and 100 kVA. These UPS systems are listed on the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC) Energy Technology List (ETL) which encourages businesses to invest in approved energy saving technologies.
Multi Sentry is a state-of-the-art Uninterruptible Power Supply, designed to meet VFI-SS-111 the highest possible on-line double-conversion performance level within IEC EN 62040-3.
Sizes available include: 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 40, 100 and 120kVA all with a three-phase input and output.
The Riello Multi Sentry UPS is one of the most efficient systems available and has a minimal impact on its environment and upstream power sources.
Uninterruptible Power Supply with multiple operating modes.
Riello Multi Sentry UPS systems features include:
- Low input current distortion – less than 3%
- High input power factor 0.99
- Power walk-in function to achieve progressive rectifier start-up
- Delayed start-up on mains power supply return
- Multiple operating modes; On-Line, Eco, Smart-Active and Stand-By/Off and frequency conversion.
- PowerShare connections for priority-based load shedding on mains power supply failure.
- Cold-start facility to allow the UPS to be switched on even without a mains power supply present.
- Extended runtime options using battery extension cabinets.
- Battery cabinet temperature sensor option to assist the temperature compensating charger.
- Larger battery charger options to optimise recharge times.
The UPS also acts as a high-performance filter to protect its supplies from load induced harmonics and reactive power.
Multi Sentry has a unique battery care system to optimise battery performance, extend working life and guarantee the UPS is fit to deliver its full-rated runtime when called upon to do so in the event of a complete mains power failure.
Riello Multi Guard Modular UPS
The Riello Multi Guard modular UPS is a scalable, three phase double-conversion Uninterruptible Power Supply. The Riello Multi Guard modular UPS power capacity ranges from 15kVA to 120kVA, delivering an excellent combination of reliability, functionality and hot-swap flexibility.
The Multi Guard N+X parallel configuration is based on an intelligent modular design; providing maximum availability, redundancy and protection for mission critical loads across a variety of applications, including Networks and Data Centres.
The capacity of each individual module is 15kVA, and a standard cabinet can be fitted with up to 8 modules supporting a total 120kVA. If the load is within limits, the individual modules can be hot-swapped; enabling continuous, uninterrupted power.
Advanced Modular Design
The Riello Multi Guard 15-120 system contains UPS modules, LCD Display module, PDU and other accessories. Each Riello Multi Guard 15-120 UPS power module is a fully functional 15kVA UPS. Load sharing technology enables the power modules to support N+1 system resilience.
The Riello Multi Guard 15-120 deploys a user-friendly ‘plug and play’ modular design making it easy to expand, service and maintain the UPS.
Reliable N+X Parallel Redundancy UPS
The N+X parallel redundancy greatly increase the reliability of the Riello Multi Guard 15-120 UPS system. The Multi Guard 15-120 de-centralises the controller into each UPS module, increasing the redundancy of the unit.
High MTBF ability – Low MTTR
Each power module in the Multi Guard 15-120 system is a fully functional self-contained UPS unit, there is no additional control module for parallel configurations or load sharing. The system MTBF for two modules in parallel is more than 1,000,000 hours, with power availability more than 99.999%.
With the UPS in N+1 configuration, the system will continue to operate even if one of the individual power modules fails. The hot-swappable design of the Riello Multi Guard 15-120 means that module replacement can typically take less than 5 minutes.
A front panel LCD display communicates information and status updates. Users can select from choice of languages, and after-sales contact details are also available. Communication ports available for RS232, RS485, SNMP & AS400.
- High output power availability up to 99.999%
- MTBF more than 1,000,000 hours
- Input power factor >0.99
Riello Master HE Series 100 - 800kVA
The Master HE Series UPS features a new on-line double-conversion technology utilising IGBT and DSP (Digital Signal Processor) control to provide maximum protection, power quality and green energy for any type of application including primary datacentres, disaster recover sites, telecoms rooms, industrial processes and security applications.
High efficiency stands for higher active power available if compared with legacy UPS thanks to output unitary p.f. Nominal power is granted with no downgrading independently from operating temperature.
Zero Impact Source and Efficiency
Master HE has a zero impact on connected power sources – grid networks or generators:
- Up to 99% Efficient – 95.5% in Online Mode
- Unity p.f.
- ≤ 3% input/output current distortion
- Input power factor 0.99
- Power walk-in function – to ensure a progressive rectifier start-up
- Start-up delay function – to restart the rectifier when the mains power supply is restored
- Suitable with the following types of battery – VRLA AGM / GEL; NiCd; Supercaps; Li-ion; Flywheels
- Smart Grid Ready
Battery Management Technology
The Riello Master Plus HE shares battery management technology with the traditional Master Plus models, to help them achieve maximum battery performance and prolonged design life. Specific features of the new battery management technology include:
- Battery charging is set on two voltage levels to optimise recharge current and reduce recharge times
- Temperature compensated charging with protection against deep discharges to reduce ageing and prolong battery life
- Use of a charge blocking system to reduce electrolyte consumption and further lengthen life of sealed lead acid (VRLA) batteries
- Automatic battery testing to provide advanced indication of potential battery failures
Flexibility, Parallel Running and System Expansion
The Riello Master HE has been designed for several applications from IT to the most demanding electrical environments. With a wide range of accessories (UGS – UPS Group Synchroniser and PSJ – Parallel Systems Joiner), Master HE UPS can be configured by Workspace Technology into a suitable architecture for the most critical load applications. All Master Plus models feature an output transformer with galvanic isolation (between the load and the battery supply) providing greater versatility and installation options.
The UPS can be supplied from two separate power sources (mains power and a second emergency standby source), helping to increase the resilience of parallel system configurations.