Data Centre Audits
To compliment, our data centre planned preventative maintenance services, Workspace Technology recommends an annual Data Centre Audit.
Data Centre environments house critical processes that must remain operational. Without these critical processes, there would be a significant impact on the success of the company. It is important to remember that it is often significantly less expensive to invest in mitigating a risk of downtime, than to recover from the event after it occurs.
Workspace Technology’s Data Centre Audit is intended to provide a comprehensive review of the existing data centre or server room facility. This review is designed to help identify both good and bad practice and help clients reduce the risk of downtime. Recommendations and guidance outlined within the Data Centre Audit service are produced in-line with the following standards:
- European Commissions Code of Conduct for Data Centre Energy Efficiency ‘Best Practices’ Guide.
- TIA-942 Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centres.
- Green Grid Recommendations.
- ASHREA Standards.
- Uptime Institute Recommendations.
Workspace Technology’s Data Centre Audit Services help clients focus on the fulfilment of data centre ‘Best Practice’. Implementation of recommendations detailed within a Data Centre Audit will help increase reliability, reduces human error and deliver clients with the best value reducing total cost of ownership through reduced capital, operating and energy costs.
Minimum recommended frequency: Yearly
Audit Report Schedule of Works
The Engineer undertaking the data centre audit will complete a detailed report document. The detailed audit report will review each item and make comments in relation to findings and produce detailed recommendations where issues are identified and improvements can be made.
Detailed Data Centre Audit Schedule of Works
- Review general room construction elements including raised access floor, ceiling grid and room tidiness & cleanliness.
- Review cooling systems, room layout and airflow.
- Review general room layout in relation to equipment cabinets and airflow arrangements.
- Review fire protection systems.
- Review I.T infrastructure including cabling, racks, wireways and containment systems.
- Review electrical power arrangements, UPS and generator systems.
- Identify and review environmental and security monitoring systems, energy measurement arrangements.
- Identify support and planned preventative maintenance services.
The data centre audit service will allocate priority levels against recommendations. These priority levels are made in direct relation to room reliability or energy efficiency and are graded Low, Medium and High.
Measurements & Readings Included Within the Data Centre Audit Service
- Temperature & Humidity
- Critical Load
- Total Facility Power
- Power Usage Effectiveness
Measurements and readings are taken where practical and available.
Click here to view our Data Centre Audit Services Schedule.
For more information on our full range of data centre consultancy & data centre audit services please contact our Sales Team on 0121 354 4894 or send us a message.