Prefabricated Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF)
Workspace Technology’s Technical Fabrication capability includes the design & build of bespoke modular or portable Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities, also referred to as a SCIF or situation room. These secure buildings are designed for communicating classified information in official capacities such as national intelligence, national security, defence, and parlance for the military, government, and lawmakers. A secure room such as this helps to prevent data leakage of sensitive security information and is heavily relied on within the intelligence community. However, SCIFs are also popular for corporate and media businesses who want to keep sensitive information private.
With a background in designing and building data centres for defence applications, Workspace Technology has acquired industrial security expertise that enables us to assess physical risks and deliver secure environments that ensure organisations meet government accreditation standards as necessary.
Depending on the application and size, our Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility can be built based on a range of three build systems:
Prefabricated – Where SCIF installations are ‘static’, bespoke prefabricated manufactured modular housings with widths ranging from 3.0m to 3.6m and lengths from 6m to 18m can be accommodated. Where larger meeting spaces are required we can pre-fabricate in two sections and join together on-site to form a single SCIF building.
Containerised - Where ongoing portability and flexible transportation is paramount, Workspace Technology’s 2.4m wide, ISO containerised SCIF format offers the ideal solution with lengths ranging from 6m to 12m (20ft / 40ft).
Modular SCIF Building Construction - Modular SCIF construction utilises steel frame structures and CPNI or LPS1175 SR4 certified composite panel cladding systems which can be erected both internally (typically within a large open warehouse or vacant office space) or externally to create a standalone Sensitive Compartmented space.
SCIF Design Features
Workspace Technology provides holistic design & installation services to deliver a fully-featured and functional facility “sensitive meeting ready” for our clients.
- Construction - Construction options include LPS1175 SR4 or pre-engineered CPNI certified modular walling systems to provide enhanced physical Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility protection.
- Intrusion Detection and Access Control Systems - A range of Intruder Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control Systems (ACS), IPCCTV, and high-security mechanical locking systems can be incorporated into the configuration to suit specific client requirements.
- Acoustical Protection - All installations incorporate acoustic protection through a combination of fresh air intake / extract attenuators and an inner acoustic wall panelling system to prevent audibility outside of the secure space.
- Electromagnetic Protection & RF Shielding - A vital part of the security is the provision of Electromagnetic Protection or EMP Shielding in compliance with UK, NATO and international security and performance standards. The EMP Shielding is vital to protect the structure from EMP type attacks, possibly launched hundreds of kilometres away and outside a country's borders.
- Fire Detection, Power & Cooling - As part of any facility installation we will include all the relevant infrastructure to ensure full compliance with Building Regulations including, Fire Detection, Emergency Lighting, Fresh air Makeup as well as general power and cooling/ heating to ensure a comfortable and safe environment is maintained for occupants.
- I.T Infrastructure - Acoustic equipment racks, copper and fibre communications cabling and containment systems will be installed to suit individual client specifications.
Workspace Technology’s pre-fabricated Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities are delivered pre-tested and ready for hook-up to site power & I.T services. Our delivery team will take care of all aspects including transportation, contract crane lifts, power & I.T hook-up, and final site testing in preparation to handover ready for use by the client.
Workspace Technology’s turnkey SCIF solutions incorporate structural design, concrete base construction, perimeter security fencing and installation of service ducts and I.T & Power feeds in preparation for the delivery and positioning of the pre-engineered SCIF solution.
For more information on our full range of Technical Prefabricated Modular Data Centre, Telecoms Cabins and SCIF products and services please contact our Sales Team on 0121 354 4894 or send us a message.
Click here to view our Technical Prefabricated Solutions Brochure.