Prefabricated Power Pods
Workspace Technology turnkey Technical Prefabricated Building solutions includes the provision of Power Pods also often referred to as Power Shelters to support a wide range of AC and DC power applications including but not limited to Battery Backed DC Power Shelters, Power Source Aggregators for remote Telecoms or other applications and LV Power Plant Pods.
Our team can develop bespoke designs to support a wide range of customer specific applications whilst ensuring effective use of space and maximising energy efficiency in order to reduce ongoing operational costs.
Prefabricated Power Pods - Generally Power Pod installations are ‘static’ which is best served through our bespoke prefabricated buildings that can be manufactured with widths ranging from 3.0m to 3.6m and lengths from 6m to 15.5m depending on application.
Containerised Power Pods - Where a small footprint is sufficient to support the application Workspace Technology’s 2.4m wide, ISO containerised format offers the ideal solution with lengths ranging from 6m to 12m (20ft / 40ft).
Power Pod Features
Workspace Technology provides a holistic design & installation services to deliver a fully featured and functional Power facility “equipment ready” for connectivity to existing fixed assets or other associated Technical Prefabricated buildings.
- EcoDesignTM - energy efficient power pod design and build. Based on a set of ‘common sense’ design principles, when EcoDesignTM is intelligently deployed it will positively contribute to the energy efficiency and performance of your Power Pod. EcoDesignTM by Workspace Technology will deliver a measurable reduction in your power consumption thus delivering our clients with a ‘Total Carbon Reduction Commitment’ to their power infrastructure project.
- Construction - creating the power pod 'technical' space. We can offer standard construction or fully certified LPS1175 SR1 through to SR6 construction, and as appropriate, will include CPNI approved products, where enhanced physical protection is required.
- Cooling – power pod cooling & airflow management solutions. Dependant on Power Pod kW ratings, efficiency of power plant and airflow arrangements we can select and install appropriate cooling solutions, including all indoor air handling systems, chilled water / refrigeration pipework, ductwork and all supporting mechanical services plant.
- Fire Protection – power pod fire detection & suppression systems. To prevent a fire occurring, Workspace Technology will incorporate robust and reliable fire detection and where appropriate suppression systems within your Prefabricated Power Pod.
- Technical – power pod cabling & technology. As part of any Power Pod fitout Workspace Technology can offer a range of technical services including racking, accessories and I.T cabling. We can also incorporate a ranged of Intruder Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control Systems (ACS) systems, IPCCTV and high security mechanical locking systems to suit specific client requirements.
- Electrical Infrastructure – power pod power infrastructure. Electrical infrastructure is of course core to application of any Prefabricated Power Pod. Workspace Technology’s in house design team will work in partnership with our clients to design and install application specific AC and / or DC infrastructure. This will typically include core plant such as LV Switchgear, DC Rectifiers, Battery Systems and Generator Backup along with secondary support power including small power and lighting systems as required to support the application.
- Management & Monitoring - environmental monitoring & management. Monitoring & Management technology typically forms an integral part of any Power Pod deployment. Workspace Technology supports a range of solutions ideally suited to Power Pod applications. We will design system to incorporate a range of management information including Volt Free Contacts, RS485 Modbus, Modbus/IP, BacNet/IP and SNMP. We support a range of management technology including but not limited to Schneider Electric products. We can also incorporate clients existing or preferred management & monitoring technology options.
Workspace Technology’s Prefabricated Power Pods are delivered pre-tested and ready for hook-up to site power & I.T services. Our delivery team will take care of all aspects including transportation, contract crane lifts, power, mechanical services and I.T hook-up and final Site Acceptance Testing in preparation to handover ready for use.
Workspace Technology’s turnkey Power Pod offer can also include site works such as structural design, concrete base construction, perimeter security fencing and installation of service ducts and I.T & Power feeds in preparation for the delivery and positioning of the turnkey pre-engineered Power Pod solution.
For more information on our full range of Technical Prefabricated Modular Data Centre, Telecoms Cabins, Power Pods and SCIF products and services please contact our Sales Team on 0121 354 4894 or send us a message.
Click here to view our Technical Prefabricated Solutions Brochure.