Technical Prefabricated Building Production Facility
Workspace Technology’s Technical Prefab Building Production Facility located at Clock Tower Works in The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield offers 7000 ft² of high tech production floor space with capacity to support parallel fitouts of up to five prefab buildings meeting simultaneous ongoing production demands from multiple clients.
The use of a dedicated off site production facility avoids the need for onsite or 3rd party location fitouts which tend to be inefficient and generally lead to reduced quality and increased production costs.
Dedicated Technical Prefab Production Facility Advantages
Workspace Technology’s dedicated UK based Technical Prefab production facility delivers a wide range of advantages for our customers:
- Central Location - Clock Tower Works is located 2 miles from Junction 9 of the M42 allowing easy access from across the UK with nearby links from the M1, M5 and M6 motorways. The convenient location makes it easier for client access to inspect buildings during the production process and for witnessing of Factory Acceptance Testing and hand over prior to shipment.
- Improved Control – Undertaking all technical fitout works within a controlled factory environment allows Workspace Technology to deliver enhanced build quality and improved cost control throughout the entire production process.
- Integrated 40 Tonne Gantry Crane – The Technical Prefabricated Building production facility is fitted out with an integrated 40 Tonne lifting capacity gantry crane allowing convenient offloading / loading of fully fitted out Mobile Data Centres, Telecoms Cabins, Power Pods, SCIF buildings and ancillary equipment avoiding the need to hire expensive cranes on a contract lift basis.
- Advanced Materials Handling - ECO-Skate and eMotion state of the art materials handling equipment is used to move and position our prefabricated housings within the shopfloor by remote control without any additional push or pull means. The eMotion technology helps improve shopfloor safety and ensures efficient use of floor space.
- Load Bank & Factory Acceptance Infrastructure – Our facility is fitted with an external generator hook-up point wired to testing stations across the shopfloor. With a range of load bank equipment Workspace Technology offers comprehensive Factory Acceptance Testing in order to ensure finished production units perform to the stated design criteria.
- Built In The UK - All of our prefabricated housings our designed by our inhouse team based in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands and manufactured in the UK. The technical fitout is performed by our installation teams at our Sutton Coldfield Clock Tower Works facility. Whilst parts and subsystems are sourced from a range of leading UK and international manufacturers examples include Eltek (DC Power), Flakt Group (Cooling Systems) and Schneider Electric (AC Power) a high proportion of value is retained within the UK economy in comparison to imported solutions.
Improved Speed of Deployment
Off-site production enables Workspace Technology to reduce onsite deployment time by up to 50% when compared to onsite fitouts. Improved deployment times are achieved by :
- Reducing Prefab production timescales through improved manufacturing processes.
- Allowing parallel on site preparation works including base construction, security fencing and installation of service ducts as well as electrical and I.T cabling and associated mechanical services pipework and plant in preparation for deployment.
Advanced preparation allows for our Mobile Data Centre, Telecoms Cabin or SCIF buildings to be shipped directly to site following completion of Factory Acceptance Testing.
On delivery and positioning final hook-up and testing can be performed followed by a final Site Acceptance Test.
Factory Acceptance Testing
Factory Acceptance Testing will be performed on all of our Prefabricated Buildings before delivery to site. Factory Acceptance Testing is the opportunity to see how the Prefabricated Data Centre will perform under extreme operating conditions.
Workspace Technology follows formal procedures set out within the ASHRAE/NIBS Commissioning Guidelines. The ASHRAE guidelines include five formal commissioning levels as detailed below:
- Level 1 Factory Acceptance Testing (Sub Systems)
- Level 2 Field Component Verification
- Level 3 System Construction Verification
- Level 4 Sub System Commissioning
- Level 5 Integrated System Testing
The extent of testing will be dependent on configuration and on how reliant the Technical Prefabricated Data Centre, Telecoms Cabin, Power Pod etc is on site installed services.
Workspace Technology team will develop a suitable Factory Acceptance Testing procedure which will align and compliment the final Site Acceptance Testing performed following delivery and Hook-up.
For more information on our full range of Prefabricated Modular Data Centre, Telecoms Cabin. Power Pods and SCIF products and services please contact our Sales Team on 0121 354 4894 or send us a message.